Switzerland - Pension System Overview
- Switzerland: Pension system in 2018 and Country Specific Findings (Pensions at a Glance 2019. OECD and G20 indicators)
- Switzerland Mandatory funded pension profile 2018 (ISSA/OECD/IOPS complementary and private pensions database)
Key regulatory and Supervisory Authority
Base Pension Plan:
- Federal Department of Home Affairs: provides general supervision and regulation: www.edi.admin.ch/edi/en
- Federal Social Insurance Office: supervises implementation of the base pension plan: www.bsv.admin.ch/bsv/en
- Central Compensation Office: maintains a register of all insured persons and pensioners: www.zas.admin.ch/zas/en
Mandatory Occupational Pension:
- Regional supervisory authorities: supervise the pension institutions that have their head office on its territory.
- Swiss Occupational Pension Supervisory Commission (OPSC), www.oak-bv.admin.ch/en
OPSC supervises the regional supervisory authorities, the LOB guarantee fund, the Substitute Occupational Benefit Institution and investment funds.
Selected Key Statistical References
- Federal Statistical Office, www.bfs.admin.ch/bfs/en/home.html
- OECD, Global Pension Statistics project: www.oecd.org/daf/pensions/gps