Why Join IOPS?
As an IOPS Member you will:
- have privileged access to all relevant information and topical discussion together with quality research (some of which is confidential in nature) generated by IOPS.
- contribute to and influence the leading global standards which the IOPS sets.
- have an exclusive invitation to IOPS informative events such as yearly meetings including Technical Committee meetings, regional seminars, and training workshops.
You can also:
- share views with leading global peers in the field of private pension supervision.
- request work on specific areas of interest.
The Organisation’s programme of work is set by the Members, therefore joining IOPS gives you the opportunity to request work on specific areas of interest where you may require assistance. The IOPS receives many requests from supervisory authorities which are newly established and developing their pension systems, thus providing an unprecedented resource in pension supervision experience.
Types of Membership
Any entity, responsible in whole or in part for the supervision of pension funds, plans, schemes or arrangements in a country or in the subdivision of a country, whether invested with its own personality or not.
Any Governmental Authority including any international authority, that is responsible in whole or in part for pension regulation or the establishment of pension policy and that has an interest in pension supervision and any international governmental (or similar) organisation that has a direct, institutional interest in pension supervision.
Other entities interested in pension supervision such as research organisations, industry bodies, financial institutions and professional firms engaged in the business of providing pension-related services.
Full list of IOPS members
How to join
1. Download and complete the Application form for Membership
2. Email it to the IOPS Secretariat: Dariusz.STANKO@oecd.org / Caroline.Lam@oecd.org
Fees are levied in three bands according to the stage of economic development in the member country. The bands are based on the World Bank Country Classification (using per capita gross national income).
For 2018, the three bands are levied as follows:
- High Income economies: EUR 8250
- Middle Income economies: EUR 5500
- Low Income economies: EUR 2750
Fees may be subject to change as a result of the World Bank classification or decisions of our Members.
All IOPS Observers are subject to the top band of membership fees.