|Future events||Past events|
22-24 February 2017, Runaway Bay, Jamaica
19-21 June 2016, OECD, Paris, France
23-25 October 2017, Port Louis, Mauritius
22-23 February (tbc), Dublin, Ireland
4-6 June or 18-20 June (tbc), OECD, Paris, France
October/November (venue and dates tbc)
8-10 November, Hong Kong, China
6-8 June, OECD, Paris, France
24-26 February 2016, Rome, Italy
28-30 October 2015, Berlin, Germany
23-25 February 2015, San José, Costa Rica
23-24 June 2015, OECD, Paris, France
1-3 October 2014, Swakopmund, Namibia
3-4 June 2014, OECD, Paris, France
27-28 February 2014, Reykjavik, Iceland
4-5 September 2013, Nairobi, Kenya
4-5 November 2013, Seoul, Republic of Korea
5-6 November 2013, Seoul, Republic of Korea
3-5 June 2013, OECD, Paris, France
28 February-1 March 2013, Bucharest, Romania
26 October 2012, Sao Paulo, Brazil
22-24 October 2012, Santiago, Chile
5-6 June 2012, OECD, Paris, France
10-11 May 2012, Skopje, Macedonia
OECD/IOPS GLOBAL FORUM ON PRIVATE PENSIONS
Each year the IOPS organises jointly with the OECD the OECD/IOPS Global Forum on Private Pensions, covering topics of particular interest to local participants.
2014 Swakopmund, Namibia: 'Improving the role of saving for retirement'
2013 Seoul, Republic of Korea: 'Asian pensions: Lessons for the World'
2012 Santiago, Chile: 'Making funded pensions work'
2011 Cape Town, South Africa: 'How to build adequate, long-term pension savings: lessons for and from developing pension systems'
2010 Sydney, Australia: 'Designing adequate defined contribution (DC) pensions: Global experience and lessons from Asia-Pacific'
2009 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: 'Pension reform and developments in Latin America'
2008 Mombasa, Kenya: 'Pension development in Africa: Opportunities and challenges'
2007 Beijing, China: 'Market oriented pensions: A solution to the ageing issue'
The IOPS Annual General Meeting is held once a year. The full governing membership of the IOPS is invited to attend this meeting in order to provide formal approval of standards, working papers and various administrative issues. This occassion is often used to communicate IOPS work and news to the press:
- IOPS appoints new Chair of the Technical Committee, 17 June 2014
- IOPS elects Dr. Edward Odundo as President, 5 November 2013
- IOPS elects Kenyan Regulator as Vice-President, 23 October 2012
- OECD/IOPS Global Forum on private Pensions, 25-26 October 2011
- Ross Jones reappointed IOPS President, 25 October 2011
- IAA signs Memorandum of Understanding with IOPS, 20 April 2011
- 2nd OECD/IOPS MENA Workshop, 1 March 2011
- IOPS stresses the importance of risk-based supervision, 2 November 2010
- Pension Supervisors Strengthen Global Oversight, 16 October 2009
- Private Pensions and Policy Response to the Financial and Economic Crisis, 6 April 2009
- OECD/IOPS MENA Workshop on Private Pension Regulation and Supervision, 2 February 2009
- IOPS appoints a new Technical Committee chairperson, 30 October 2008
- Pension supervisors react to the global financial crisis, 29 October 2008
IOPS releases further Working Papers on Effective Pension Supervision, 8 September 2008
IOPS Appoints a new President, 30 November 2007
IOPS Publishes Working Paper on Supervisory Education, 31 July 2007
IOPS 2006 AGM appoints new VP, approves 2007 POW, 16 November 2006
John Ashcroft relected President at 2005 Annual General Meeting, 19 December 2005, 19 December 2005
ISSA/IOPS/OECD Co-operation Agreement, 26 September 2005
IOPS announces its programme of technical work for 2005-2006, 9 February 2005
New international pensions organisation is launched, 28 July 2004